Hey Skinnies,
Here’s the very late recap for Week #2! This past weekend I usually keep sacred as my “cheat days”. Cheat Days = Give myself permission to eat any kind of way without judgment. I hardly ever take advantage of the cheat days but I still keep them in place to be sure I stay on track five days a week. At this point I’ve trained myself (and my taste buds) to enjoy real foods. I no longer care for fast foods or any other crappy junk foods like I once did less than a year ago. However, because I’ve been on the go lately, I was very close on Sunday to riding through the KFC drive-thru to order some boneless chicken. And then I started to think about how it’s cooked and my face being greasy, so I passed on that thought. J
As you may remember on my latest Confession #4, I shared how I reached my 2lbs a few days earlier than the complete week. But once the weekend arrived and my schedule was constantly booked doing something, eating wasn’t a priority. By Sunday, I lost 1lb and I went into overdrive to gain that 1lb back. By Monday, I gained my 1lb lost and was ready to start the week in the right direction. How did I gain the weight this week? Easy: Exercising, Potatoes, Green Smoothie Recipe, and using my Food Diary.
Woo Hoo!! 110 lbs

Now I’m aware 2lbs means nothing to some of you. But to me, I can “FEEL” the difference. When really examining myself after the 2lbs and exercising I noticed some positive improvements. My arms are starting to take shape as well as the overall frame of my body.

The area where I need to seriously work on is my gut. Again to some of you wonderful readers, you see my gut and think that there is no gut. Since I’m in my body 24 hours, I noticed the bulge and I’m on a mission to put a stop to it. If I don’t stop it now, the extra pounds will continue to make its way to my belly and possibly create a “muffin top” effect. NOT happening!

There is a gut!
So on to the new week and new weight! I think I have my staple foods that I rely on most but I’ll share that in my next recap. I need to be for sure that my staples are foods I can truly rely one for 2lbs a week. It is official I am now 20lbs away from my goal. Woo Hoo!

In Skinny Love,

Skinny Makeda

Author: Makeda

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

14 thoughts on “||Weight Gain Journey|| Week # 2 Recap

1. you look good to only be 110 how tall are you? how long have you been on your weight gain journey I am on one as well started off @ 104 now I'm 120

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 9:06 am
  2. @ cherail nichols I'm 5'5. It's so funny because when I looked at the picture I said the same thing. But in person, to me at least, I look like the skinny girl in the room. I made it to 120lbs last year and loved it. My goal is 130. Never been that heavy before. Are you loving being at 120lbs? how do you keep it on?

Posted on October 12, 2013 at 7:23 am
  3. yeah I've never been heavy before either I'm sick of looking like a little girl lol I NEED SOME CURVES! I'm 5'3 always been between 104-110 so, @ 120 this the highest weight! & to be honest I'm not loving it just yet to me I still look small but I have noticed that my clothes are fitting extra tight ppl that are close to me have noticed I did gain 16pounds but I guess I need to gain 10 more & I've just been making sure I eat x3 a day along with snacks & drinking boost plus

Posted on October 12, 2013 at 2:21 pm
  4. Yes! When I was at 120lbs, I thought… this is it? So that's why I increased my goal to 130lbs. I still struggle with eating 3x a day. smh.

Posted on October 13, 2013 at 10:39 pm
  5. LoL my thoughts exactly THIS IS IT! I thought I'd look more thicker especially because I'm on the short side but unfortunately I still look small my first goal was to reach 125 only 5 pounds away from that but I think I'll have to go up 10 more pounds to really notice a difference I'm thankful for the weight I have gained because if I think I look small now I can only imagine how I looked at 104 smh & I struggle with eating x3 a day some days but I make myself eat as much as possible how's your progress going? did you gain any more weight?

Posted on October 15, 2013 at 8:09 am
  6. post coming tomorrow. stay tuned 🙂

Posted on October 15, 2013 at 10:03 pm
  7. Posted on October 23, 2013 at 3:20 am
  8. Dying to get to 110 lbs. Congrats on the two lbs

Posted on February 18, 2014 at 3:20 pm
  9. thanks!!! you'll get there, just don't give up!

Posted on February 18, 2014 at 8:57 pm
  10. How did you gain the weight? and how long did it take? I'm at 5'5 and 110lbs…
    I'm lucky if i gain 1lb a week and sometimes by the next I lose that 1lb

Posted on March 9, 2014 at 3:07 pm
  11. how did you gain? I'm at 110 and my ribs are still showing 5'5

Posted on March 9, 2014 at 3:07 pm
  12. I can normally gain 2 lbs a week if I keep up with calories. But the week before last I gained 5lbs in a week because I loss weight the week prior. But I'm changing my regimen and working on muscles. Keeping up with calories is the easiest thing to do to gain about 2-3 lbs a week but you can easily lose that weight. So I'm changing my plan to gain muscle which will last longer.

Posted on March 9, 2014 at 3:11 pm
  13. I have to wait til later to work on muscle right now my ribs are showing so i need a little fat…
    but its so hard to eat more then 2500 calories a day and I cant afford supplement shakes or anything, I just started Maca root but too soon to see any difference, any ideas for high calorie foods????

Posted on March 12, 2014 at 2:37 pm
  14. There's so much hype about Maca Root but you can increase your appetite by simply taking a good multi-vitamin. Works the same. I take that along with B-vitamins and my appetite is out of control. It can be difficult to eat calories that high but try not to think about it too much. Get a routine down so it's not so forced. If you look throughout the weight gain journey tab on this blog, I share some meal ideas that are helpful (1,000+ calories). Be sure you check there. Bananas, Avocados, Brazil Nuts, Pine Nuts, Macadamia Nuts, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter or Almond Butter, Potatoes, Grits, Tuna in Sunflower Oil, Hazelnut Milk and Naan Bread. Those are some items you can purchase at the grocery store that shouldn't hurt the bank. You can add olive oil and coconut oil to smoothies for extra calories.

Posted on March 12, 2014 at 2:45 pm