|Pic from Plated Recipe
If you’re on the app Periscope (@skinnygotcurves) and follow my profile, you probably caught my impromptu cooking broadcast. I figured I would share a recipe I’m loving right now at the moment. I also shared this recipe on my Snapchat (@skinnygotcurves) a while ago. These are the reasons I tell you to follow my profiles. I share different things on all of them.
|Be sure you follow my social media!
I felt it would be best to get back into sharing recipes since I haven’t uploaded a YouTube video since forever. I have ideas for YouTube but certain readers continue to ask for the 5 Lunch Ideas video and I honestly don’t want to do that video. I prefer to make one recipe video at a time. Aha! Maybe that’s what I can do?! Although the videos shot are soooo OLD, I can upload them one recipe at a time instead of trying to tackle all 5 into ONE video. Editing videos can be draining. Anyway, let’s get back on track with this recipe.
So I felt the need to share a recipe that I enjoy that’s not quite 1,000 calories but close enough. This recipe can also be altered for those looking for a lower amount of calories. I’ve been trying out a subscription service called Plated for a while now and have been enjoying it. The recipe in this post is from one of the boxes I received that I now incorporate in my meal rotation. Let me know if you try this out.
1. Yellow Onion
1/2 bunch of scallions
6 Leaves of Romaine Lettuce (or Boston Lettuce)
10 ounces of Lean Ground Beef, Turkey or Chicken
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper
Other Items Needed
1. Prep Ingredients – Preheat over 350 degrees. Peel Onions and slice. Wash scallions trim and discard roots and chop. Rinse lettuce and pat dry. Wash bell peppers, halve lengthwise and remove seeds.
2. Marinate Onion and Peppers – In a large mixing bowl, add the peppers and onions. Add the Chili Sesame Oil, Soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of Gochujang. I usually mix after adding each ingredient to ensure it coats the vegetables. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Warm Tortillas – Take the stack of tortillas and wrap in foil. Place in top rack of the oven until warm. Appx 10 minutes.
4. Cook Beef or Poultry – Heat 1-2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil in a large skillet on medium heat. When oil is heated place ground meat into. Season with salt, pepper, and cajun spice. Cook meat while breaking them apart until the pink is almost gone.
5. Add Peppers and Onions – Once you see the pink almost disappear, add the onions and peppers to the skillet. At this point, it depends on your taste preference but I add the other 2 tablespoons of Gochujang. You can also add more salt and pepper if YOU like. I usually don’t add more salt and pepper at this point.
6. Final Plate – For each serving, you should have 3 tortillas. Sometimes I just stick with two but if I’m in need of calories I go for the three tortillas. Add lettuce as first layer on tortillas, then add the meat, onions, and peppers on top. Sprinkle scallions on top of the meat as final layer.
Each serving (3 tortillas) will yield about 700 calories for beef and turkey thigh. For turkey and chicken breast, about 600 calories.
Some of the ingredients I used may be difficult to find depending on your area, so here’s a link
to most items used in this recipe. This way you know what to look for or can purchase it online.
Follow me on Instagram / Youtube / Twitter / Pinterest / Facebook / SnapChat: skinnygotcurves