For 7 days straight I decided to test my habit making abilities by taking multivitamins everyday. I also wanted to see if there are any noticeable differences between not taking vitamins and taking vitamins.
Here’s a roundup of what I noticed for 7 days straight on taking a multivitamin.
- Mood Improvement – One thing I have always heard about being deficient in the vitamins and how it can impact your mood swings. This could be due to lack of well-balanced meals and low-level nutrition eating. On a typical day that I’m on the go, I allow the most stressful situations to move me. However, during this one week, I wasn’t moved by anything. As soon as I stopped taking the vitamins after the 7 days, I noticed my irritability increase throughout the day.
- Increased Water Intake – Not sure if this is related to the vitamins itself but my desire to drink more water increased. You’re supposed to drink 8 glasses of water which is the recommended level. Usually, I’m craving coffee and sugary drinks. Water was my primary choice during this 7 day period.
- Lack of Desire for Caffeine – Similarly to the water intake increasing, I didn’t care for coffee as much as I normally do. Not saying that I avoided, but didn’t feel that I needed it as much on a daily basis. My morning coffee is my source of energy which wasn’t the case during this time. I also crave herbal tea wayyyyyyy more than usual during my 7 days. Not black tea but straight herbal tea with no caffeine.
- More Sustained Energy – Disclaimer: I took my vitamin at night after dinner because I didn’t want the vitamin to be blocked by coffee that I drink in the mornings. I woke up in the morning ready to get going versus staying in bed not wanting to get up. As I already mentioned that my caffeine desire decreased, I also was no longer dependent on coffee to give me energy. One cup of coffee was good enough and I could continue on through the day until bedtime.
- Improved Focus – Since I wake up with energy, I was able to get started at work and tackle my to-do list head-on. I didn’t feel the need to procrastinate on tough items on my list. My focus was so intense in addition to sustained energy that I was able to work late at night without noticing the time. If you’re addicted to your phone, the focus may still be a struggle for you even with taking vitamins. Set some phone boundaries for yourself.
- No Hangover from Alcohol Consumption – Currently it’s summertime and I’m in the mood for socializing and booze drinks. After a mini happy hour that included multiple glasses of wine, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn’t have a bad icky feeling waking up the next morning.
- Overall Good Feeling in my Body – Lastly my body just felt better all around. Some may say their body felt lighter and that could be true too. My body just felt better than my normal day to day and I was more motivated to care for it the right way.
Since my experience with taking vitamins daily led to great results, I’m going to challenge myself to keep this up for the next 30 days to see what happens. The best thing about this experiment is the fact that I now know that my prime time for vitamin taking is in the evening after dinner or right before bed. Let’s see how I keep up with my new habit.
Thanks for reading! Take your vitamins!!