Although I knew the shade I purchased would not be a perfect match, I thought it would be safe enough to try anyway. Since it was the weekend I wanted to see how well it worked without a primer too. The swatch I did in an earlier post was enough confirmation that I needed to brave this foundation without any help from a primer. As you will see in the pictures below, I was pleasantly surprised.
The first set of pictures I used the shade 95 coconut. As you can tell from the swatch in my previous post and the first two pictures below, you can see the red undertone. But you can also in the second row of pictures, that after it warms up to your skin it blends in well. So it was obvious this foundation needed to be mixed. However, even with the shade not being a dead on match I was LOVING everything about it. What blew me away was how I didn’t even have a face filled with oil by 4 hours. Like I said, I wore NO PRIMER. None. I just needed to run some errands and that’s it. You can hardly tell in the photos below that the foundation wasn’t a dead on match.
|A better view of fresh application. Coconut 95 is a tad bit off in shade and undertone. Not too bad though.|
I was able to get my hands on the shade one step lighter, 90 honey beige. As you can see from the photos below this was no where near my complexion. HOWEVER, it mixed very well with my 95 coconut to give a dead on match. I’ll share more details about how I mixed the shades in my upcoming YouTube video, but I mixed two drops of 95 coconut with one drop of 90 honey beige. This mixture gave me an even finish between my neck and face. My face is darker than the rest of my body so I have to be careful about going too dark.
|The mix that gives me the perfect shade match.|
|Wearing mixed foundations. On my way to the gym. Perfect foundation for low key activities.|
- This is the type of wear I’ve been looking for in a BB cream.
- THIS is PERFECTION!
- It dries to a powdery finish but it LOOKS AND FEELS like you have no makeup on with perfect skin.
- I LOVE IT!
- The applicator is a little weird and annoying but I don’t think you want to use too much product anyway.
- If you’re not into light foundation or maybe blurring out imperfections to give a natural look, this may not be for you.
- If you wanna wear makeup to the gym but want it to look and feel like your skin, this is it.
- I DO NOT advocate people wearing makeup to the gym. LOL!
- If you want something quick to apply without worrying about a primer for oily skin, this is it.
- However, if you have severe oily skin you may need to set with powder or use a primer.
- I would not recommend this to people with problem skin… unless you want to do extra steps.
- They need more SHADES!
It’s only right for me to do a video about this product so stay tuned to my YouTube channel. This foundation is a winner. Not only is this the perfect “no makeup” foundation, but it lasts longer than I expected it to.The product reminds me of a great BB Cream with something extra. Ladies, if you’re into that natural perfect look this is just for you. Grab a bottle, don’t sleep on this foundation! Oh and don’t worry I’ll give a comparison to another similar product in a post later. 😉
UPDATE 8/10/14: Here’s the post comparing this foundation to L’Oreal Magic Nude.